How it all started:
One day, lembas found an ad for a matchmaking website that sported a curious caption: "I sat on an elf once." At the height of the Lord of the Rings trilogy's popularity, it spawned this community (and all its accompanying silliness), a song, and even a music video!1
Alas, the original ad and post detailing the find has been lost due to journal switches, hard drive crashes, and the simple passage of time, but the ad itself lives on in the WSOE community icon.
What we do:
The basic idea is that you pick an elf -- from whatever fandom you choose, or one from your own imagination -- and, well, you sit on it. Like an imaginary, pointy-eared cushion.
Whether to alleviate stress, depression or just because you feel like spazzing in a public forum, we encourage silliness. That's what this community is for.
Any questions, comments, or suggestions about/for the community itself should be directed to rauvlochar.
- I Sat on an Elf Once -- Written
- Groom Your Elf Day! -- Tuesdays of every week! And why I'm surprised people didn't punch me more often when I was 14.
- Elves must be shared unless elf in question is a result of your own imagination. This is simply to avoid conflict.
- If an elf gets too crowded,
- Elves from any and all fandoms welcome.
- Members: be nice and civil with eachother, please. There are plenty of elves to go around.
- Please refrain from feeding Mini-Mîm to any of the elves. Try not to eat him yourself, too. He is very tiny, and might accidently skitter into your sandwich bag while you're not looking. Watch out for something with a multi-colored mohawk running around. That's him.
- Elf-sitting orgies are
- We love it when you introduce yourself. You may get hug-attacked, but that's a good thing, as we do it out of love.
- Refrain from posting generally offensive content. Don't be hateful.
- Although romantic pairings of all kinds are welcome here and sitting in an elf's lap inevitably leads to perviness, this isn't the place to put anything explicit.
- Please LJ-cut quizzes, large pictures, large chunks of icons, and any fanfic/stories.
- And just because it's useful: If you've made a typo in this (or any) community and you can't seem to edit it, click here.
Note: lembas no longer uses LJ and all of her hosts/collaborators have moved on, as far as I know, so the link to the MP3 of the song and the video have been dead for years with no way to recover them. :( Sorry.
Linking: We now have an adequately disturbing link button for members to use~! Use the following as you will, so long as you upload it to your own webspace.